When you’re ready to install or repair your roof, you want to make sure the job is done right the first time. That means you want to know you’re hiring a trustworthy, dependable, and experienced contractor who will oversee the job with confidence. You’ll need a contractor that is willing to take the time to educate you on what you are getting for your money and will support you throughout the entire process.
Here are 7 tips for hiring a trustworthy contractor:
- Secure a written contract that lists the details of your roofing project, including the pricing.
- Verify your insurance coverage by calling the contractor’s insurance agent and obtaining a Certificate of Insurance.
- Beware of any contractor that asks for payment upfront. Payment should be made upon completion of the roofing project. The only exception is if a special order materials is chosen, a down payment may be necessary.
- Make sure the contractors you are considering are certified by the manufacturer to install the roofing product you have chosen. This will also help maintain the integrity of the warranty.
- Get referrals from people you know and trust. Browse professional listings and read reviews to see how their work lines up with your roofing project.
- Don’t be in a hurry. Make sure you know as much as you can about the project before hiring a contractor so that you can ensure the contractor is experienced and knowledgeable.
- Determine the contractor’s specialty and make sure it fits with your roofing project. New home builders are different from renovators so make sure you hire someone who has experience where you need it most.
Bringing in the right contractor to do the job might be the longest part of the process, but you’ll want to be sure to get it right, because it will save you a lot of headaches in the long run. The right contractor will help guide you through the process from start to finish so you’ll feel confident that the job is done right.
The Brinkmann Family has been providing Houston, Friendswood, The Woodlands, Spring, Katy, Richmond, and the Humble/Kingwood area with roof replacements, roof repairs, and roof maintenance for almost 40 years. Call today at (281) 480-7663 for a free no obligation estimate.