- Choosing the Right Contractor
- Choosing the right contractor is normally the toughest yet most important part of the roof installation or repair process. While price should be a consideration, it should not be the determining factor. Choosing a contractor should be based on their experience, knowledge, credentials, reputation, and your confidence that they are the one that you trust your home with. You need a contractor that that will take the time to educate you on what you are getting for your money and will support you before, during and after the sale.
- Insurance Claims and Coverage
- During a catastrophic weather event insurance carriers will often hire relatively inexperienced adjusters to help with a large number of claims. These adjusters are not roofing professionals and often mis-identify or leave out vital components that are present on your roof. These inaccuracies will affect the amount of your overall claim and could leave you short of the money necessary to return you back to pre-loss condition. Unless you are an active roofing professional, there is a good chance that the products used today, i.e., installation requirements needed to meet the manufacturer’s specifications, current market conditions and/or building codes, have changed since your previous experience or initial installation. Our trained professionals will work with your adjuster to ensure that all of the necessary variables on your roof that affect the price of replacement are secured on your behalf. This is not something you want to handle on your own.
- What to Expect
- Scheduling: We will make every effort to schedule your project at a time that is convenient to all parties involved. We will inform you of your start date as well as the date your materials will be delivered. On average, 3-4 days will be required for shingle applications and longer for a specialty product or large home.
Weather Conditions: We are fully prepared if the weather turns bad during your project. Crews will seal your roof to prevent water from entering your home and we will resume work as soon as the weather allows. If the day we schedule your roofing project has a 30% chance of rain or greater we will call prior to starting to discuss re-scheduling options. Every day we experience rain prior to your application will likely delay us one day to start your application. We will communicate through out this process.
- After Completion
- Roughly 2 weeks after final payment you will receive a written labor warranty as well as written material warranty. If an enhanced warranty is part of your roof package you will receive a labor warranty and a registration confirmation of your enhanced warranty. The material warranty package will be mailed to you directly within 60 days. Upon completion of your roofing project you will be asked to fill out a customer survey to communicate how we did during your roofing project. If we have not met or exceeded your expectations and you are not completely satisfied, please contact us at once so that we may address appropriately.